St. John's Richmond Church is an evangelical church for Christians wanting to worship God in an Anglican setting. We are a Christian church in Richmond, BC.
St. John's Richmond Church is located at:
The Bible is the most published book in human history, and a foundational document of western civilization, but it remains widely under-read and misunderstood.
Bible-in-a-day (BIAD) is a one-day seminar developed and offered by St. John's Richmond. BIAD gives a clear and coherent overview of the Bible. Through lectures, exercises, and discussion it helps attendees grasp the breadth and depth of writings that continue to inspire and transform the world.
Our inaugural Bible in a Day was held in May 2009. Since then, the BIAD seminar has been held at SJR in Oct 2010, Christ the King, Victoria in May 2011, St. Matthew's Abbotsford in June 2011, Malawi (Africa) in August 2011, St. John's Vancouver in September 2011, St. John's Richmond in October 2011, Christ's Church Oceanside in Nanoose Bay (Vancouver Island) in January 2012, and Anglican Network Church of the Good Shepherd, Vancouver in April 2012. Rev. Sean Love, Rev. David McElrea, and Jeremy Graham are the main presenters, with more presenters being trained in the future.
Check out BIAD's Official website at http://bible-in-a-day.com/
Bible in a Day runs from 9:30 am until 3:30 pm. There are four sessions followed by breaks and activities at each table. Catered lunch is served between sessions 2 and 3.
Registration cost includes
Quotes from BIAD participants
• It was great to see and understand the connections between the Old and New Testaments and to see God’s promises being fulfilled through the lens of the cross.
• The timeline about the history of Israel will help me get a better grasp of God’s activity in the middle of His people.
• You did an inspired job of abstracting the essentials from the greatest adventure story of all time and all space so we don’t lose track of the essential plot and the main and essential characters.
• It was a revelation to me to see how it all fits so perfectly: kingdom from first to last; kingship and love for His creation.
• Charts were very helpful for organizing timelines.
• I really appreciated the chart and how it was deconstructed (explained?) throughout the sessions.
• It was a new way for me to read and understand the Bible.